Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dance Team

     This is the first time I can say I've joined a school sport's team. I've always done outside clubs with various sports, but I never seemed to play for the school for many reasons including: having to take care of my brothers, coach's favoritism for their child and their friends, and going through remission of cancer. Also when I was younger, I grew up in a strict environment where I was judged so I became shy, especially since I moved a lot too. I've always been told by many people that I was a good dancer. However there is always that one person who can have an effect on you. I won't name names but that is why I was too scared to join in high school where there was so much judgment. College is all about a new start and a new you! Do want you want to be what you want! Well now I'm happy and proud to say that I am apart of the SBCC Dance Team. It is run by student's themselves and our performance below was to raise awareness for the club we also have. Comment below if you're interested :) Also if you can't see which one is me, I'm in the red tank top with boots on the right side. You can see better if you make it full screen.

     I love my team. There are some days when I feel lonely and I just want to get away from my room. I come to practice almost every time and every single time I feel better afterwards. Dancing makes me happy and so do these people. We laugh, joke around, have silly group messages...Don't get me wrong, their are times where it gets more serious to make sure we get it down, but it's all apart of it and I am glad I am apart of it. I'M A PART OF THE SBCC DANCE TEAM! I'm doing what I what, becoming who I am meant to be, and I am free! That is the college experience. I'm trying new things and having new experiences. This is my first time ever dancing on a team or performing. Feel free to let me know how I did!



No comments:

Post a Comment