Thursday, October 23, 2014

Weak from the Week

I'm not going to lie, I've had a tough week. Recently I've decided to go further with dance instead of just doing it for fun by joining the club. This past week our SBCC Dance Team has been practicing every day because we are soon going to be performing. On top of that I beat my timed 1,000 meter swim in Ocean Swimming from 1 hour and 5 minutes to 25 minutes. It felt good, my whole class clapped and cheered me on. I haven't felt that supported in my life since my Make A Wish run I started. After that day I haven't been feeling well. Stress with my personal and school life , health, and all this physical activity has gotten to me. My teacher even made a comment to me that I look like I've lost weight. I hope it's in a good healthy way, because it bothers me if it's because of stress. I lost 30 pounds during my chemo treatment, it was scary. 

A problem that I have is that I don't know when enough is enough. I don't know when to quit. Don't get me wrong, it can be a good thing I don't quit sometimes, but other times it can be unhealthy. I push myself too far. I overestimate my physical strength. Hopefully I feel better soon and stress goes down because I want to keep myself busy. Sometimes when you're in the beginning college and you haven't established your group of friends yet, you can feel lonely. Joining the dance team has definitely helped. I've gotten a lot of laughs and good vibes from this group. I'll post a video of our performance for you when it happens very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment