Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Virginia Visitor

This is the guy I told in the beginning of senior year that I didn't want a serious relationship because I knew I'd be coming here. He turned out to be the guy I was so serious with and couldn't give up on. Until, I moved out here to California to follow my dreams. Nothing could stop me; not Andrew, not my pug I'm obsessed with Guinness, nor my father whose been nothing but there for me my whole life. For the first time I decided to let go, Andrew held on.Sometimes it just takes a leap of faith. Andrew just recently visited around our 1 year anniversary. I had the best time showing my high school sweetheart my hometown. I got to show the one I love the place I love. Long distance isn't easy, but it's not impossible. It's only temporary. Currently we are hoping he gets stationed out here for the Coast Guard. 

Our schedule
Thurs Oct 9: He arrived in LAX. We tried going to the cemetery but it was closed :( It hurt so much that my mom and brother were right there and I couldn't see them. We drove back to Santa Barbara where we took a sunset stroll along the beach.
Fri Oct 10: We visited the cemetery. I told my mom I was finally home, and it felt so good. I showed him around State Street and we had lunch on the pier. We went to a restaurant with....you guessed it- seafood!
Sat Oct 11: For the first time I introduced him to some family here. I took him to the Thousand Oaks mall in my hometown where we had lunch at Stacked. Later that night in Isla Vista I took him to DP. We didn't stay that long :P Cops shut down the first party we went to.
Sun Oct 12: I went with him to the Santa Barbara Zoo. I haven't been there since I was little! It's a beautiful zoo and so close by. After that we went to Hollywood to the City Walk and had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. 
Mon Oct 13: He was supposed to leave but his flight kept getting delayed because of a storm in Houston. He calls be while I am driving back home saying "Come back!" Just our luck he got to stay another day on our anniversary. We went to the walk of fame later on.
Tues Oct 14: The day he left for real :( The Virginia-raised-boy turned into a California boy and didn't want to go home.
I knew he'd love it here, anyone would. No doubt if you're here, you'll soak up the infectious  California sun.

1 comment:

  1. I love the video hun :) can't wait to see you again :) I love you <3

    ReplyDelete