Tuesday, November 4, 2014

San Fran

She has the same name as my mom, it must be a sign- I can
tell we are going to be great friends :)
First of all, let me say I hope everyone had a safe Halloweekend here in Isla Vista. We are known to be the hotspot of parties, especially on this weekend. I celebrated early with my new friend from dance, Jacky, and a small group of people. We actually decided it'd be best for us to head up to San Francisco for the weekend. IV is filled with people from out of town, over 300 extra LA cops, and water and bathroom stations. I got a water bottle that said "Jesus loves you". As soon as I get to Jacky's friends house, one of their roommates throws a bottle from the balcony. Next thing you know cops bang on the door. I have never been so frightened, those cops were hitting the door like it wasn't someone's property. Eventually they gave up and left, and so did I. I left as the ANGELa I was...or am. When I got back to Trop I had to prove I lived there by scanning my finger, because no one else was allowed back.

The next morning Jacky and I headed up to San Fran on Halloween on perfect timing. Apparently it rained here on Halloween, putting the cops to shame. Well not entirely....but I'm sure it helped. After I dropped Jacky off in San Mateo I drove to my cousin's house in San Francisco. HOLY ANXIETY my GPS would tell me to make a left in .25 miles and change it's mind telling me to turn right in 5 feet when I was on the farthest lane. Moving on, I went with my cousin Alex (my mom's cousin) and his wife and daughter to her less extreme parties and trick or treating. It was FREEZING! So glad I live in California...well SoCal. San Fran was beautiful though in a different way that I've seen in California. I don't have any memory of being here before. The tall, steep hills made me grab on for life when I was the passenger in the car. They seemed difficult, but so pretty- they made the city. San Fran is just another reason to love California all the more. I saw the Golden Gate Bridge from Avery's soccer field and later babysat her, I saw the Full House house, and went to breakfast on Sunday at the Home Plate. It was a small, local restaurant so I thought that's why it was named what it was. It actually was named that because it had a baseball theme. Oh also, the Giant's Parade was happening when I got there, Jacky invited me, but I declined. LA all the way baby; Let's go Dodger's let's go!!!

1 comment:

  1. San Fran, completely different atmosphere than Santa Barbara, glad you got to see it! It is kind of my home town so just let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete