Monday, November 24, 2014

Goodbye Fishies

 I know you're all sad to find out that this is my last blog about
my Ocean Swimming class. But it was getting too cold, and the semester is coming to a close! This class ends a few weeks earlier than others because of the conditions so this past Thursday we took our final outside at the tables by the beach and had our delicious potluck. I had one of those feelings that you get when you have your last day of your favorite class. I want to thank my teacher Ingrid Schmitz for letting me continue this class when I was well...the caboose. I also want to thank her assistant Monica who stayed behind with me and my friend every day so we didn't swim alone and get eaten by sharks! :D

Ocean Swimming isn't like any old swim, for some people it can be a lifestyle. There is this 80 year old man I met at the beach and he does it every single day. He said it brings you happiness and health. If I didn't push myself too far, I always felt amazing after swimming. It's like you're in another world almost. Like I've mentioned before I have beat my timed swim by cutting the time in more than half! I definitely recommend taking this class if you want to get the full experience of going to a school like SBCC.
Our last day swimming on Tuesday last week was the roughest I've ever seen or swam! The water was extremely choppy which made it all the more fun. Ingrid said it'd be like going to an amusement park without the price. At first I was scared, but then it was fun! I just had to keep swimming, but every time the wave got high I came up and was like, "WOAH!"...then I started laughing of course. It was a great way to end our class with the highest record in water temperature Santa Barbara has seen in years! Also the potluck was a great way to end it, because I made my famous guacamole. If you haven't tried my guacamole or ocean swimming....you haven't lived. So live :) 

PS: I signed up for Spring Semester after my last day of this class, I'll let you know how that went in another blog.

Since when did Iowa send a tractor to our beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment