Thursday, April 30, 2015

SB or IV?

SBCC, Santa Barbara
Today I went to a focus group meeting for SBCC to discuss the ways we can improve our school. They were curious to know why people chose to live farther away in Isla Vista rather than closer to the school in Santa Barbara. I was told to keep the discussions everyone else talked about private. So instead, I will tell you my opinions and why I chose to live in IV. The only reason I would choose not to is because of the distance, however the pros outweighed the cons for me.


Isla Vista





  • Close to UCSB students, so you get the same University vibe as a community college student.
  • Cheaper living costs compared to Santa Barbara. 
  • The sense of community, other students are always out and about in the town.
  •  Entertainment, all friends coming together to hangout on weekends.
  • There are many restaurants to eat at and they're open late for students.
  • Walking distance from the beach.
  • Pet friendly.
  • The 15X bus brings you directly to SBCC and back from IV.
  • Small town, but enough people. Less stressful and hectic than the downtown city in SB.
  • Isla Vista is known for it's craziness, but cops are everywhere here and ready to help you and your safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment