Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Bitter Sweet Procrastination

They say not to procrastinate. They say you'll feel better just getting it done....Well I did. I finally got a haircut after putting it off for the entire school year! Those of you who know me know that I've been trying to grow out my hair for years. In fact, just 4 years ago I had lost my full head of hair.

On a happy note, my hair is longer than it's ever been my entire life! It's always scary going to a new hair stylist, but I've had to do it many times before. I just did the smart college girl thing to do and Yelped places for reviews. I walked in to Hair Select (Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara) and the hair dresser was shocked at how healthy my hair was. I had no split ends. I wasn't used to hearing this because before I lost it, my hair was always unhealthy. Now however, I don't dye it and I rarely ever apply heat to it. Growing my hair back after chemo was a new start to a new scalp. My hair was baby soft because it really was "baby hair". Yesterday I got the last 1.5 inches off left of baby hair and I actually feel better! I used to hate getting haircuts, but this time it actually feels good. My hair dresser actually had me stand up out of my hair to cut it because it was that long!

The best part about my long hair is knowing it is ready to donate whenever I decided I'm ready to. I felt very self-fulfilled to hear those words. I was going to donate by hair before I lost it, but it was too unhealthy. Now i can, but I'll probably just wait till the day I decided I want shorter hair again to donate it. So for now, I'm going to enjoy my long, healthy hair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment