Monday, May 11, 2015

Roomie Sleepover!

 I am now welcoming you one last time to the girls in 236! Our sleepover only consisted of us and a couple of our close friends. A few people tried to come to our room and a few wanted us to leave and go out with them, but we stuck together. This was the last weekend night and we wanted to spend it together! We took our mattresses from our bedrooms and put them all on the living room floor. The night consisted of a lot of typical sleepover stuff, "college-girl style". It was a special time for only my roommates and I to share, so I'm going to leave it at that. However, I will tell you I've never felt closer to them. I wish they were my roommates at the beginning of the year and that we had this sleepover sooner. Sometimes me being in a single made it more difficult to bond with them because I was in a separate room, as they all lived in the same rooms and were together the whole year. That doesn't matter anymore because I can tell you that even though we will mostly all be living in different places, I will for sure hit them up next semester when they are back! They've reminded me of something that I tend to forget a few times....What's the point of surviving if you aren't living? By that I mean, I've come all this way going through tough times and now it's time to enjoy life to the fullest and be myself and in control of my happiness. I lost this train of thought throughout a lot of this year because I was stuck in survival mode with all the sicknesses, emotional distresses, and also the pain and surgery I had to do.  That's why I'm a little worried for my upcoming wisdom teeth removal May 20th in Virginia. It's coming up close and finals are upon us, all while having to pack and move. I don't want to get off track again, but I guess I gotta hop on that train and get back off. I'll never forget this wild ride I've had with my roommates, what a great way to end my first year here!

No comments:

Post a Comment