Wednesday, April 29, 2015

It's Never Too Late

I've always loved dancing, but I grew up in a home that I wasn't comfortable in. In fact, I moved a lot of times in my life which made me all the more shy. When one grows up going through multiple traumas, it makes it hard for them to put themselves out there. I chose to move once again, this time for college and for myself. I had the chance to become and grow into the adult that I want to be and I took it. The dance team I was apart of didn't get the chance to perform many times this year. Things are also coming to a close because of the end of the semester stress of people not being able to make it to practice. However, I'm still thankful for the experience they gave me to opening up. I always felt good after a practice. Feeling the beat of the music and moving to it with my body almost heals me in a way. I'm hopeful that I will become apart of this team or another during next school year. I encourage you incoming freshmen (in fact any student) to take college as a new start and do what you love; become who you want to be. It's never to late to become you.




No comments:

Post a Comment