Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Not Much of a Break

My Pugs Bunny
Ready or not, Monday I had to pack my things and drive back up to Santa Barbara from LA after a not so exciting Easter (you can read about my surgery here). The highlight of my Easter was being able to eat 2 scrambled eggs which took me over half an hour to eat. As you might remember by now, Mondays are my full days at school. I had three classes but I missed all of them. I woke up Monday upset because I was in so much pain and running out of pain medication. I had to call the nurse even though it hurt to speak to ask if I could order more. They said I could, but that I would have to pick up the prescription at the doctor's office. Heading back up the 101 I was in traffic for 2 hours before I made it to the doctors office. I picked up the prescription, went to get it filled, and headed back home to Tropicana Gardens. My roommates were really nice saying if I needed anything they were here :) Although their crazy loud voices make my cringe thinking about using my voice that loud. Haha.


4/8/15 Feeling a bit more alive
As I explained in my last post, if I didn't get go to school Tuesday I would get a zero on my quiz. So I went! First day back to school and it hadn't even been a week since surgery. I think I'm going to keep going to school every day now. Even though I have a doctors note that I can miss up till Thursday, I feel it'd be even more stressful to fall behind. It kinda sucked taking the bus to school today because on the way there I had to stand since there were no seats available. It's not easy to do that while on groggy pain medication. Anyway, my day has just been made. My roommate had her friend over who was playing the guitar. It was very nice and relaxing. We were talking about Chipotle and how I'm so sad I can't have the bowl because of the rice. He came back with a quesadilla for Dorsa and I :)

Allie said, "You're this button" on FaceTime.
Tomorrow I have my post-surgery doctor's appointment. I will let you all know how that goes and more about my recovery process in the next blog or two. As for now, I'm halfway there! Today has been a week since surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment