Monday, April 20, 2015

Sandspit Beach

Gotta love parking with a view
Many of us SBCC students live in Isla Vista for the cheaper rent and college life vibe. However, if there's ever a day where you wanna escape that I encourage you to go visit Sandspit beach in Goleta. It's right before you enter UCSB. It's like an escape from the college life if you ever feel too stuck in it. Many families go to this beach as well as people hanging out cooking around the barbecue. Personally I have my days where I need to escape but don't want to drive all the way to Santa Barbara. It's nice to be surrounded by families when you're missing your own.
The "fishing spot"

This beach has an incredibly long pier with many people fishing off it. There's a restaurant I went with a friend to where I got some yummy clam chowder. There are windows all around it too make sure you can see the beach as you eat as well as an outside patio.

Stairs into the ocean, what?
Don't get me wrong, there are other college students who visit this beach as well. You're not the only one who needs to get away for the day. Usually they are cool though because they feel the same way. Also in a way I feel like the beach (where I got stuck) in Isla Vista is kind of dirty, there are flies everywhere every time you try to sit or lay out.


Behind me is the rest of Sandspit
beach as well as UCSB & Isla Vista behind the crest
This can have a few
different meanings... I like it though!
The best thing about this beach is that you won't get stuck with the ocean surrounding you! There's alot of sand including a level area with plenty of free parking where you could drive away in your car if the tide ever comes up that high :))))






No comments:

Post a Comment