Monday, April 27, 2015

Tips for Scheduling

Even with the stress of the end of this semester, I'm still thinking about my schedule for next year! I recently went on pipeline and noticed I could sign up for Fall 2015 classes as early as April 30th. I was shocked because that's only a few days away! At the same time, it'd be a good thing to sign up for classes that early to make sure I get them. Also, if I were to get a job this summer I could inform them of my schedule way ahead of time.


Speaking of summer, I am taking a summer class this year. I will be in Summer Session II because during the first Summer Session I will be getting my wisdom teeth out and traveling to see friends and family. Might as well travel for a month if the cost of rent here itself is more money! However, this means I will have to move my stuff to my family's house farther south and bring it back up to Santa Barbara again when I come back. The reason I'm taking a summer class in the first place is because I want to keep things moving. Emotionally I don't like the idea of just sitting around wasting time when I could be going to school or making money while still having free time in between.



Today I got out of class early and have literally been sitting in the library for the past two hours doing the same thing. I've been trying to figure out a schedule that would work for me during Fall 2015. During this Spring Semester, I realized how annoying it is to have my classes spread out five days during the week when I could squeeze it into a couple. I choose to live in Isla Vista like many SBCC students, so traveling this far every day, especially if it's only for one class,  is quite un-motivating for me. I'm the kind of person who likes to get everything done at once. That's just how my motivation works. What I do is, I lay out all the possible, available classes I need with the teachers that have the best reviews.  Then I put them into separate schedules that could work fitting in the different times like a puzzle. Then I pick which one works best for me! Personally I'm getting my general classes out of the way first because they are the least interesting and it gives me more time to think about which upcoming major I want. Scheduling classes for college can be even more stressful than sitting in the class itself. Follow these organized tips I taught myself and it should become a little bit easier for you. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment