Sunday, April 3, 2016

Letting Go

View from my bedroom. California is the opposite of
everywhere else I've lived. Green in the winter,
dry in the summer.
Looks like winter came a little late this year. Too bad it wasn't warm enough to lay out at the beach everyday like I hoped, but I did get some time to relax which was the main idea! In fact maybe too much time...I did nothing over spring break.  But hey, summer is in 6 weeks (scary). I can't help but think of all the schoolwork that is going to be crammed in for the next month and a half knowing our day back is already tomorrow. That didn't seem to stop me from being lazy during the time off!

I apologize for not being able to blog the last week of school before break. My pug had to be put down after I basically spent my entire life with him. I have never had so many memories with a loved one and had to accept that I wouldn't have any more. A blog with an iMovie video will be posted as soon as I can get myself to make it. Overall, I feel I am reacting to the whole situation a lot better than I thought I would be. The week before break was tough because I felt like it was just a countdown of the number of days my Guinni had left of pain. Knowing he is in peace now makes me sooo content even though I couldn't imagine my life without him before.

On a more uplifting note, I officially have my place ready for this summer starting in July through my third and final year at SBCC! Where has the time gone? It's funny how we as humans tend to look forward to things in the future, rather than in the present. For instance, anytime I think about summer I just want it here already! With Israel and my dad coming to visit California in the summer (for the first time in a decade) I can't help it. I wish I could get myself to live more fully in the present day. I know I will learn how to over time. I am 20 years old. In a way, my life just began less than 2 years ago. As we grow up, we don't have much control over our lives and what we can do with it because we are too young to know how. However your parents decided to do things or wherever they moved to, that was what you did too. Hopefully that perspective takes some weight off your shoulders. Lately I've been thinking about things that way and I can say that I worry a lot less and feel relaxed a lot more. Whatever happens will happen as long as you take action. So there is no point in letting the fear control you so much. Hence why I was extremely lazy over break. All the essays, homework, projects, and studying I knew I would have this upcoming week didn't matter because they aren't meant to over break. I turned in that article for Journalism Easter night, dropped my Macbook laptop (not literally), and said NO MORE!! Sometimes taking control of your life means letting go. Not tomorrow though, we all better hold on and hold on tight because the teachers are all ready to start throwing assignments our way! Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Hope you all had a fun (or a relaxing) spring break.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your pug. I know how important my dog is to me. My heart aches for you.

    ReplyDelete