Monday, March 21, 2016

The Book of Adventure Awaits!

"The best stories are found
between the pages of a
passport."
It is here! I received my passport easily and earlier than planned, so I really am not sure why everyone else I talked to said it was difficult. All I know is, it is here which means I have the ability to travel the world. That is an exciting feeling! Tomorrow I will be meeting for coffee with one of the staff members of Hillel and filling in the last of the secondary application (the passport part). I can't wait for our meeting next month where we will be meeting everyone who will be traveling on our trip! Soon we will also be going over everything we will be doing, on top of going over what things we will need to pack.

Besides visiting California in the summers when I was growing up, I have never looked forward to visiting a place more! When I think Summer 2016, I think Israel. When I think Israel, I think of where my ancestors came from.  I am blessed to be given the opportunity to travel halfway across the world. Saying that I am looking forward to it doesn't come close to how I feel. I try to imagine what it will be like there, but if I'm honest with myself...I won't know until I'm there. During those 14 hours on the direct flight I will be verrrrryyyy anxious. Flying that far for the first time leaving the country is crazy! But hey, that's life ain't it? Mine at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment