Thursday, March 17, 2016

Keeping Up

Seven Falls Hiking Trail
I've never been really been an energetic person, but I wish I was. Even when it comes to daily activities and routines I can't seem to keep up. A lot of times I'll feel like taking a nap, but I won't be able to because my mind is racing with thoughts. It is not easy keeping up with an "adult" life, especially after all my body has been through medically and psychologically.

In the psychological aspect, I've realized being outside (and obviously writi
ng) helps gather my thoughts in a calm manner. Writing helps me evaluate and recognize what is worth stressing over. Being outside kind of gives me a bigger perspective and helps me relax.
Gorgeous view of Santa Barbara and the Pacific

Lately we've been dealing with the well-known El Nino weather, which has made it easy to stay cooped up inside. However I am positive the weather is going to pick back up to it's normal Santa Barbara ways. How great is it that the clocks changed?! I'm so happy it doesn't get dark at 5pm and the sun isn't blinding my bedroom at 6 in the morning. This will definitely help make it feel like there are more hours in the day....to do homework and sometimes enjoy ourselves. Have no fear, Spring Break is almost here!

workworkworkworkworkwork
Medically there is not much I can do besides try and eat healthy and make sure to get my vitamins in on top of going to the gym. Every day I take a Women's Multivitamin. Today I bought vitamins that are specifically for supporting energy metabolism, hydration, and antioxidant health. So I will let you know if it helps! Coffee kind of upsets my stomach and obviously has a lot of calories in it from all the cream and sugar I have to put it. I only like to have it once in awhile because the caffeine can be addictive.

Fun Fact: I'm 1/4 Irish
and my pug's name is Guinness
...if you didn't already know 
I guarantee you, if I put together a survey asking a bunch of college students whether they felt they had enough energy...a lot would say they are exhausted. Going to work, school, and being on your own can be a lot to handle! I will never understand the students who are able to party every other day. Frankly, I still wouldn't if I had the energy because responsibilities. Just know we only have one more week before Spring Break. Push through, soon we can relax! I know I'm planning on laying out on the beach just about everyday :)

PS: Yesterday I spent 6.5 hours writing an essay from 3 in the afternoon till 9:30 at night. I'M SO HAPPY IT'S THE WEEKEND! Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment