Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Going to a Bar for Class

1 year too young
Hold up! Don't freak out or anything. No, my teacher did not send me to a bar as an underage student to go get wasted. He actually sent us there for an assignment!

My classmate and new friend of mine Louisa decided to go together, and I'm glad we did. We drove down to downtown Santa Barbara around 7:30 on a Monday night on State Street.

I've always thought jazz was pleasing to the ear. I love hearing the saxophone play. My favorite part of the night is when they played Sway. That's a popular jazz piece everyone should be able to recognize. You hear it in a bunch of movies! I'm glad I chose this concert to attend. In my music appreciation class we have to pick three or four concerts to go to from a list and write essays about them. They all are live performances with people playing instruments that have been around for centuries.

The only thing I would complain about was when the conductor was announcing the name of the piece and stuff about it, I could barely hear him all the way from the back. And we were probably one of the youngest people there! Haha, but that's okay. It was educational all for education. Someday (when I retire) I'll get to go enjoy my Monday nights out at my favorite music club. But for now, I guess I gotta study. That makes me wonder...are these really supposed to be the best years of your life? Just a thought. I can't answer that quite yet, but I can tell ya....being out in college all on your own is pretty darn eye-opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment