Tuesday, March 8, 2016

When It's Okay to Skip

I am one of those people who rarely misses class. The other day my teacher pointed me out to a student who was always absent saying "Angela never misses class right?". He wasn't wrong. However, it was clear I was trying to keep my eyes open while the other student was wide awake. Yesterday it was also pouring rain and he called my classmates and I the strong survivors. Ha..you have no idea!


There are two reasons why I will choose to miss or "skip" class. One of those days was last week. Monday night I had a concert to go to for Music. Then I had to write a paper for that the following Tuesday  morning. Wednesday I was to attend a speech at the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History for my Journalism class. This report was due within 24 hours.

Well shoot...I had a paper due in class the next morning for Argumentation and Debate as well . But wait...I had music before Argumentation....that leaves me with only one choice.

Aha, these are the moments where one must weigh their pros and their cons. I could've gone to Music and simply get points for being there and taking notes. Or I could've got those notes later and finish my paper for Argumentation and Debate (where my grade is solely based on my papers and tests). I think you know which decision I decided to make.

So simply weigh your pros and cons. Whatever you can do to keep your grades up (or in cases of emergency your health up) is what you should follow through with.






No comments:

Post a Comment