Thursday, April 28, 2016

First Birthright Meeting

Monday, April 26th I finally got to meet my fellow adventure-mates who I will be traveling with halfway across the world to Israel in ONE MONTH AND A HALF. Before I went to this meeting, I had a feeling it would make me even more antsy to just go already!!! Let's just leave now. Midterms? Finals? NAAHHHHH.

We played games to get to know each other. I was nervous about whether I'd like the people that I'd be trusting as my first time traveling buddies. I'm not so nervous anymore, more like excited, pumped, and extremely optimistic. After the silly games, we watched a video and went over the orientation guide. The guide literally lists everything that you need to pack, prepare for, and know about the trip. Rafi, one of the leaders of my trip, mentioned how close we would all become and that they even set up reunions afterwards. To be honest, I don't think I will be going to my high school reunion. I've been to three different high schools and obviously high school was complete chaos for me, so I didn't really get the chance to form friendships that were close enough to last. After going to this meeting, I cannot tell you the names of everyone I met. However, I am positive that some of those people will become my close friends.

PS: I cannot wait for the day we ride camels and the night we lay out under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment