Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Birthday Shenanigans

Now that my birthday month has passed, it's definitely time to blog about my birthday.
What's awesome is that my closest friends have their birthdays right around mine. My friend Allie and Joseph's birthdays are the 20th and my friend Nicole's birthday is the 21st. Mine is January 22nd! It's funny how I've basically grown up with Nicole and Allie and our birthday's are so close together (One is 364 days younger than me and the other is 363 days younger). Anyways!!!!...

We're 20!!!
The day before my birthday I honestly had a couple panic attacks. I felt like I just wanted to stop time after hearing things like "You're going to be a fifth of a century old" and "You're officially going to be an adult and not a teenager anymore". However, I had to realize that stopping time is impossible because well....it is.
I fell asleep before midnight came about, I guess my adult-self couldn't hang. Like usual, I woke up to many texts and several social media posts wishing me a happy birthday. I don't know what it was, but for some reason on my birthday (January 22nd) I could not seem to soak in the fact that I was 20. I am in my second decade. The whole day just seemed unreal to me. I had to start the day off finishing homework that was due that day, then I went shopping for an outfit for the night, and came back home and got ready for my birthday dinner at Something's Fishy on State Street (a hibachi grill). By the end of the night I came to a realization. I have been waiting, wishing, and dreaming of what is going to happen in my 20's for so long. This was just the start to everything I have been dreaming of for so long. I'll be graduating college, finding my career, publishing a book, getting the first place of my own, and hopefully meeting someone I can spend the rest of my life and build a family with down the line. It's an adventure within a second decade span I should be excited for, it doesn't mean all these things have to happen all at once right now!

The stars of Hollywood.
Last weekend I drove down to UCLA to see Nicole (who I've known since we were babies). We had the best time celebrating both of our birthdays with each other in Hollywood that night since we weren't able to meet up the other weekend.  It definitely made up for the mixed emotions I had on my actual birthday. At this point it has all soaked in for the most part. There will always be feelings of "boy, time just flies by", but I'm becoming more accepting of it. That makes me all the more motivated to make this second decade a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment