Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Birthright to Israel

Whether you practice Judaism or you come from Jewish descent, you are eligible for a free trip to Israel! I myself am of Jewish descent coming from my mother. To those of you who know me more personally than others, you know that my mom passed away when I was just a baby. I will discover where I came from on her side and a completely different culture that will leave me with new knowledge of the world around me. This will be a trip of a lifetime for me on top of being my first flight out of the United States!

Santa Barbara Post Office
"Loosen up on the smile, they
want to be able to see your
eyes."
Aaahh, the much enjoyed process of getting a passport. I've heard stories about how difficult it can be to get a passport in your hands. I will notify you as progress comes along. However, all I had to do was bring my birth certificate, license, passport application, and a smile on my face to the Santa Barbara post office today. Besides waiting in line, the meeting was very quick and I was told my passport should arrive by March 29th. Exciting! I have a feeling I will become addicted to traveling after this 10 day trip in mid June. That is.....traveling outside the United States because I've been and lived all over this country already in the West Coast, Midwest, and East Coast.
I guess I make the best guacamole
AND hummus!

If you'd like to know more information about the trip I will be going on or are interested in it yourself, you can checkout the Birthright website! Also, here is a link to a Facebook page for the UCSB/ SBCC club in Isla Vista that makes this trip possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment