Wednesday, February 24, 2016

In the Midst of It All

Example A
Crazy hair don't care
Example B
Coffee please save me
Personally (if you couldn't tell by the shortage of blogs) I have been extremely busy. Keeping my motivation up is tiring because I know in order to achieve success there is something I need to or can do everyday to work towards it...more like every hour of the day. The easiest way that to stay on track is to keep a list in my phone. Anytime I'm done with something I put a a big red, emoji 'X' next to it. You'd be surprised at how good it feels to see the progress your making. There are days where I wake up in the morning ready to go knowing I will finish near everything that's on my list (Example A). There are also days where I struggle to open eyes in the morning, feeling like they're glued shut begging for more sleep (Example B). Those days are usually the ones where I get overwhelmed the night before after adding more things to my list. The key is to find something beautiful, mind-easing or exciting in every day. That is what keeps you sane and happy.

This has been the basics of my list for the past week or two
- New eye prescription appt.
- Israel trip planning
- Work
- Gym
- School and homework
- Searching for next year's lease
- Switching bank companies
- Keeping up with chores
- W2 form business
- Car maintenance
- Running errands

Some great things that have happened today in the midst of being busy busy
- Received my thank you points gift in the mail from my old credit card. I got myself a $100 gift card to Bed Bath & Beyond to get myself a tempurpedic pillow. (I've been wanting one for years) With the rest of the points I'm trying to figure out how to donate them to charity. I saw my cancer organization (Special Love) on there as an option ;)
- The weather is wonderful, I put the top down in my convertible after taking my second test of the week at school (which I feel confident about)
- I'm looking forward to and will be packing to visit my long-term friend at UCLA tomorrow after school. Then I will be seeing my family afterwards :)
 - I got to choose to photoshop a leaping pug and an adorable tortoise today in my 8 am, which you can imagine made me giggle even though I had a hard time waking up this morning.

I hope you all can find joy and comfort in every day! It is completely possible, even on the busiest of the busiest or the worst of worst days. Remember to always TREAT YOSELF!


No comments:

Post a Comment