Thursday, December 1, 2016

Take Control

Yes, I realize my hand looks like a pirate hook.
Hello my stressed schoolmates. 'Tis the last week of fall semester. We are so happy, yet so tired. Focus on the prize (that A) or focus on the end goal (that degree). Every little thing adds up to the big dream you're dreaming of.


One more week and one more semester and this girl will be transferring on out of here. I have never felt so established and part of a school in my lifetime of moving around this country. Maybe it's because this was my decision.


I saw an MTD bus not in service and told the bus driver
that I was on the back of the bus along with the other bloggers.
You should've seen the look on his face!

I have mentioned this before and I will mention this again as encouragement for finals week.... There is no need to set yourself to the high standard of being a "perfect" adult. We lacked control of our lives during our childhood. Now, we have been given all this control and sometimes it can get overwhelming. Think of this time as being born again, being born into adulthood. Don't expect to have the answers or have control over everything in your life. Just start to take control. Lastly, never expect to have complete control because you won't. That's what makes life a thrill.

*Christmas music plays in the background*

So here I am sitting at Starbucks with my journalism friend Julia along with other Santa Barbara students. I like to study in public places where everyone else is working hard because it motivates me to do the same. If you're having a hard time studying at home, I highly suggest this. Personally, I think of home as being a place to relax.
As I was walking to my car leaving school, I pulled up Domino's on my phone and ordered a pizza (btw right now all pizzas are 50% off). Way to go Domino's for sympathizing with our dead week full of stress eating. I picked up that pizza, ate half that pizza, and uncontrollably took a nap. I never nap. My body legit shut down. It was one of those naps when you wake up and your heart is beating heavily, but slowly and you wake up like 'what is life.' I texted Julia "I need coffee asap." Thankfully she did too and I was able to get back on track.


Click here for the link
Focus on one thing at a time and you will get much done. Focus on everything at once and you will lose your mind since that is simply impossible. I handle overly occupied times by creating a list. You might be surprised at the amount of relief that comes from erasing or checking off a task.

I am finished covering stories for The Channels until next semester. The link to all my stories is under the picture to the right. Remember when that was empty?! Also, I created a writer's portfolio for class of my seven best stories during the semester. You can check them out here, along with my last two most recent stories:
Fall 2016 Writer's Portfolio

 I wish you all the best of grades! Think of it this way, we've got one more week of school and then a five week break. Did I mention I want a coffee maker for Christmas? I want a coffee maker for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment