Thursday, December 8, 2016

Transferring, Finals, Ahh!

 Here I am, yet again sitting at Starbucks. Thanks for the gift card Dad. To be honest, everything is a bit stressful right now. What a hectic time for us who are transferring after next semester.

Nov 30-Dec 9
"Oh hey! By the way, within the span of 10 days, I'm going to need you to have submitted all your college applications and go straight into studying and taking all your finals, do and turn in the rest of your school work, all while attending classes and dealing with other numerous adulthood things."

If you can't tell, I went to the DMV this morning hahaha.

On a lighter, uplifting note December 10th is almost here. However, even when break is here I will be working my tailbone off. Believe it or not I already have a list prepared for everything I need to do over winter break while I have the time. One of the things on the list includes.....wait for it..............
BLOGGING! You read it right folks. For the first time in 2.5 years of blogging for SBCC, I will be able to keep in touch with all of you during break!

6:30 a.m. sunrise @ SBCC

As for right now, I must get back to working on my final two essays that I have to turn in by 11:55 tomorrow night. All my finals are out of the way, which means I finally completed my last general ed course at SBCC. No exclamation point? Well, no because it's about dang time. It's one of those things where you've been going to school for 15 years or so (the majority of your life) studying for things that won't necessarily help you in your future career, major, or adulthood. What kids learn in school today is sort of becoming a controversial topic for reasons like this. Ethics was an interesting class, but it mostly turned out to be studying history of ethics, people, and their theories rather than having a definite answer for what is morally right and what is wrong. Better than math, better than math! I enjoyed the class because I'm a thinker, but I'm not a huge fan of history. I like to study things towards bettering the future rather than focusing on the past.

The only way finals should be done: Pizza, dessert, and sparkling
cider for the fancy people.


To all my fellow schoolmates who are still working hard, push through these final two days. You've got this! To all my fellow schoolmates who are done for the semester, aren't you cool with all the "chilling" you're doing.






PS: All of us bloggers were watching you every time you left the library. Hahaha, that sounds really creepy, but I'm kidding.....sort of. There is a stand next to the walkway where you exit the library that has the spring 2017 class schedule book with all of us on the cover. I don't think I'm speaking only for myself when I say we all care about this school and the people in it (hence why we will be blogging for you during our breaks). Every time you see it when you walk out of the library, think of it as a "good luck" from us to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment