Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The "Write" Major

When you're told to bring an ugly christmas sweater
but you bring a sweater with a pug on it so it
could never possibly be ugly.
The holidays suddenly become a bit more merry when you find out your final grades turned out better than you thought.

A+   JOUR 121:   The Channels Reporting & Writing
A-    COMM 171: Mass Media & Society
B      PHIL 101:   Introduction to Ethics
P      PD 191A:   Career Planning  

Skills.
I was definitely worried that I would get a C in Ethics and a B in Communications, but somehow all the studying paid off and I did extremely well on both finals...better than I did all year on all my other exams! You'd think you'd do better on regular exams rather than cumulative finals, but hey apparently it's possible!

We put on face masks to relax. Instead, the face masks
decided to burn our faces :)
As for The Channels class, I received a 99.55% which is probably the best I've ever done in a class. The schools I applied to transfer to will also pay the most attention to this class grade due to its relation to my journalism major. It is clear I chose the "write" major as I keep receiving A's in all of the required classes (JOUR 121 & COMM 171)  ;)  It's a phenomenal, rewarding feeling finding out I do well at what I love.

After working on the four personal/research essays for Career Planning, I feel more advanced and knowledgable about the few different career options I've looked into and am starting to pursue. It was a Pass/No Pass class and I highly recommend you take it if you're struggling with figuring out what careers within your major you're interested in.


Lizard's Mouth Trail

Today I am flying into Virginia for the holidays. These pictures show what my break has been like so far. I've attended my friend's Christmas party and went to Magic Mountain, visited my family in here in California, went Christmas shopping, baked cookies and relaxed with my Channels friend, sent a transcript to CSUN, had a high school friend visit and showed them around Santa Barbara, and filmed another show for TVSB. Winter break is already flying by! To those of you thinking it doesn't get cold in California, it has been getting down to the 30's at night and my heater is broken. Hopefully it can get fixed when I come back from my trip; it has been freezing in my apartment! A lot of places in Isla Vista (including my apartment's office) are currently closed. And with that, I close off my 2016 here in California. I will be back the second day into the 2017 year. I'll probably do one last updated post before the year ends while I'm in Virginia.





Happy Holidays!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment