Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Clicking to a New Chapter

That first submit button sure was intimidating, but I clicked it.  My four CSU applications are successfully submitted!

All I have left to do for the applications I sent in is verify my associates for transfer degree. Then, I wait.

I applied to Long Beach, Northridge, Fullerton, and San Diego State. As you can tell, my transferring thought process has changed a bit since I started.

CSUN's newspaper
A couple of weeks ago, I decided to visit the Northridge campus since it was in between my two destinations. I toured the campus for an hour and realized that I could see myself going there. I still don't necessarily love the city itself, but I like everything else about it. The campuses is huge, they have a great journalism program, and it is the campus that is closest to my family and friends.

For awhile I was hesitant to apply to San Diego State as well. And honestly, I still am, and that's okay. I'm trying this thing where I do my best and leave it up to the universe to decided the paths in life that will be available to me. San Diego is extremely impacted, meaning it is difficult to get in. They also require a difficult class that no other school wants me to take for journalism. On top of that, I think I want to stay near LA because of familiarity and opportunities. I decided not to take that difficult class, but still take a chance and apply. If I happen to get accepted, then that's when I'll know that I should consider touring San Diego.

Los Angeles
Speaking of classes, I signed up for my last semester of them here at SBCC. I still can't believe it...I may not believe it until graduation day. Transferring to a university out of town will be starting a whole new chapter in my life, no doubt about it! In order to transfer, I have to have at least 60 transferrable units. Technically, I only have one class I need to finish for my journalism transfer degree, but I still need at least three more units to make the minimum amount required for transfer. I wanted to make the most of my last semester in Santa Barbara, so these are the classes I plan on taking:

JOUR 122A     The Channels: Newswriting & Editing = 4 units
PE 126B           Intermediate Beach Volleyball = 1.5 units
PE 133               Ocean Kayaking = 1.5 units
WEXP 290B    Career Advancement Skills (Internship Credit) = 1 unit

Crossing my fingers!!! And my toes... Hahaha. Just kidding. I'm confident that I will get accepted to the university that I am meant to go to along with others as well. 

I've been thinking a lot about my future lately, including my future after college. It may not be worth it to go to Chapman or USC if it's significantly more expensive than the CSU's with scholarships and grants. Those applications aren't due until February, so I still have time to think about applying and ask questions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment