Sunday, October 4, 2015

Escaping & Exploring

Yesterday morning I woke up to a phone call from my friend Rachelle asking if I wanted to go somewhere. Somewhere else, somewhere far, somewhere we haven't been before. I thought it was the perfect "get away" after the past week so I said yes and started to get ready for Pismo Beach. I usually feel like going up north, however, change can be a good thing.

Our first stop was at this little restaurant called Lil Bits. I saw it on Yelp and thought it looked decent and I liked the name. Once we got there it was just the cutest, family owned restaurant with those little touches you look for in a small, family owned business.

As soon as we were walking to the beach we saw swings and it intermediately brought me back to my childhood. When I was little I was on them all the time, but I have never seen them on the beach before! It's like we were swinging into the ocean (I wish)! Once I finally let the little kids have a turn on the swing, I started looking for a shell to take home like I normally do when I go to a new beach. I found a quarter. Next I found a SAND DOLLAR!! Haha, I didn't even care about the quarter worth economic value; finding the sand dollar made me so excited! I hadn't seen one of those since I had moved from California 11 years ago. Later on we were walking around the shops and guess what I stop to get? Candy :)

On our way home we rolled the windows down, and sang our hearts out to throwback songs that we once heard when times were easier. It's always the little things, isn't it?







No comments:

Post a Comment