Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Try New Things!

This is the time in your life where things can change dramatically. I say, go with the change! One cannot experience life to the fullest unless different or new things are added into one's life. I encourage you to go to a restaurant you have never been to before instead of the usual. I encourage you to try things you aren't good at so you get better. I encourage you to go places you haven't been before and soak up the view! From experience, it's been worth it.

Here is my experience of trying new things this week:

My friend Joseph and I were strolling around State Street thinking about where we should go to get some food because we were "fungry". Joseph suggested Panda Express. I suggested, "You know, I really want to go somewhere I haven't been before.....and you can never go wrong with Mexican food." So instead of going to all the Mexican food places I've already been before on State Street (Sandbar, Casa Blanca, etc.) Joseph mentioned a place right off of State Street called Los Arroyos. And let me tell you, that was the best Mexican food I've had in Santa Barbara. I wouldn't have known unless I took that oh so daring risk and tried it! 

Yesterday my English class was cancelled (for the first time). Thankful as can be, I started walking around to try and find a spot where I could do my Stats homework that was due later that day (I know, I know, I'm a procrastinator). I found this lovely spot on East Campus overlooking State Street and Shoreline Drive. What a beaut. Before my papers flew around everywhere because it was a windy day; I'd say it was a perfect, new spot.
Last night my roommate and I received some bad news from our town we used to live in back in the Midwest. Once things cooled down, to lighten the mood, Joseph came over with his new hoverboard. My balancing skills are the worst, and I was always too scared to try skateboarding...however, this, this I could try. It was so fun!!! Sure it takes a little practice, but hey, I'd choose riding this over a skateboard any day. Soon enough I bet we'll all start seeing people riding their hoverboards over the bridge on campus instead of their skateboards like they aren't supposed to! :) :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment