Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What's a Productive Rainy Day?

My Monday's are usually always an interesting day. This day started out nice when I found parking pretty fast around 10:20. Since I still had extra time left, I decided to walk down Oceano Ave to see what living options they have right next to the school. It was nice, but even more expensive than Isla Vista! I thought about living in Santa Barbara instead to be closer to school, however the price wasn't worth it. So I called a place in IV that I will be taking a tour of today! In Sociology we talked about what "love" means. It was interesting to hear what other people my age had to say about that and what the "actual" definition was. Not going to lie, it was on point. As soon as I walked out of class I just see and hear the pouring of the rain. Students were all taking snapchats of it and I took off in a hurry across campus for my next class. I hate being at school when it rains because you can't relax outside, classes can be far apart, and the indoor cafeteria space is CROWDED. I ate inside and stepped back outside to find a poor seagull looking at me and my fries because it wasn't getting its full steal of food for the day.

Next I had English and as soon as it was done I went to the Student Services building to make an appointment with the academic counselor. I thought I was going to have to wait a week for the appointment, but they actually give you one on the same day! Half an hour later I was with a counselor discussing what classes I need to take to eventually transfer. I feel relieved knowing the information now, however I was not happy to hear that 70% of students transfer AFTER three years at SBCC. I thought it would be two. The counselor said I could do it within two if I worked extremely hard and did full summer school. Yet, I made a promise to myself to put my health before school, so I will most likely not be able to complete my classes here within 2 years :( ALWAYS PUT YOUR HEALTH BEFORE ANYTHING!


After the counselor, I went to the Admissions and Records office. They handed me a packet telling me how to receive in-state tuition. Once I get that, I will be saving a lot more money. Next I walked all the way across campus to get to my car. I drove to the bank and back for my next class, Film. And that concludes my productive, rainy day. Exciting right?

PS: It's March. It should be getting warmer soon. I'm excited :D


No comments:

Post a Comment