Friday, September 19, 2014

Let's Start Living

Welcome to my first blog! I'm very excited to start my writing career and share it with you :)


Coming back to my home of California has been my dream for 10 years; it has finally come true! SBCC is a great, if not the best school for me to return to in this state. Everyday I come here in the morning to a beautiful sunrise glistening over the palm trees and the smell of the salty air. I'll admit though, I am exhausted! There is so much to do here, and the first year of college is a lot to take in. If you turn your head away from the window of the ocean view, you will realize oh crap, I'm in class! Freshman fifteen? Forget that! You've got a big honkin hill to climb up to get to class! But the view...the view is oh so worth it. There is a consequence of this beautiful place that attracts many people. PARKING. Let me just tell you, I arrived to school AN HOUR early and looked for over an hour for parking....nothing. Missed class. Yep. Drive to school by 9 AM or take the bus! I switch off days that I drive or take the bus depending on how early my classes are.



I'm sure if you are about to subscribe to my blogs you'd like to know what classes I take. For one, I'm here to do my General Studies before I start working on my major. My classes consist of English, Animal Behavior, Psychology, and Oooocceaaann Swwiimmmingg. That's right, I said it, you read it right. I have a class that meets at the beach. Keep up with my blogs and I'll tell you about it ;) *Personal achievement* First class in the ocean I swam to one buoy, next class I swam down the coast. I'm surviving and striving! Not only do I take classes, but I signed up for clubs- including a free trip to Israel and dancing! Hey, I'll do a happy dance for that free trip!



Tropicana Gardens. Sounds like some sort of orange juice right? Nope, that's where I live. It's a residency hall for college students, better than a dorm- but less stressful than having an apartment. All your bills get paid within one which takes a little stress of the shoulders. Being able to live like a student at a university would but at a community college is all I could ask for in these beginning two years. I still get the college experience without the cost of a university. Not to mention you live right by DP (Del Playa- the street of parties). I have my fun on the weekends don't get me wrong, but on the weekdays I focus on my schoolwork. And when others are blaring their music while I'm trying to study it gets annoying! But there is a study lounge. When people walk past my window being loud, I just join in their conversation from my room and they're like "huh? who? where?". Hahaha. It's fun! My roommates get a laugh too :) Camille and Laney live in the other room, but my pug lover Chandler shares a room with me :D



I've done a lot of things in the past month I've been living here. I've gone on a LandShark which is a bus/boat that drives on the road and the ocean. We saw a sea lion just chillin on a buoy. I went to a comedy show on state street. State Street is where you can get all that urge out to shop girls! If you follow the street down you see the beach, a pier with restaurants, oh and SBCC to the side! While I've been here I've also been working on my autobiography so you can read even more about me YAAAAYYYY.




Worst part of college? I miss my dog. ISN'T HE AN ANGEL?! If you like pugs we will get a long very well. I've had him since kindergarten. He is about to turn thirteen. He's an old fart, but I love him. Kind of obsessed actually!

Best part of college? Starting to live my life! For years I have battled through tough times of moving, studying pointless subjects in school, battling cancer, three car accidents in the past year, etc. I hated the fact that I couldn't really start living my life the way I wanted to until I was on my own. And now I am! I'm able to take little steps  to achieve my dreams every single day and for once I can say I'm happy. Not only am I happy to be here. I'm happy I went through hell and back to be here.
 

"You'll get stuck" they said. "You might think your life is boring" they said. Well I'm here to tell my job and you I'm truckin and my life is an adventure every day. I will and do appreciate the time you take out of your day to read my blogs, you're helping my dreams come true. Thank you :) <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud that you're chasing your dreams and making them a reality :) no matter where we are, or how far away we are, you will always be on my mind and in my heart <3 A.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANGELA. <3
    I miss you every second of the day, and the fact that we are seriously on opposite sides of the country will not stop me from coming to see you.

    ReplyDelete