Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sea of Surprises

I'm driving down the hill from Cliff Drive to the SBCC parking lot and I see this massive boat again! This is probably the third time I've seen this big of a boat parked outside our La Playa Stadium. When you drive down that hill the boat looks gigantic but once you are at the parking lot it still looks like it, but farther away. This picture doesn't do it justice, but I didn't want to take a picture while I was driving.

Rumors I've heard from my Ocean Swimming class say that it's a Russian yacht. That just sounds ridiculous! Who would have a yacht this big? Are the Russians trying to tell us something? Who knows... but this strange. I don't know whether to be creeped out that they are always outside our school or flattered that they enjoy the view our every day view. Let's just hope it doesn't come any closer to shore considering I have class today. No one wants a runned-over Angela...right?


This morning as I waited on the beach for class to begin I asked my classmate about it. He said this was a different ship than we saw before, that the other one was a Russian yacht and this one is a cruise ship.

Today in class the water wasn't as clear as it was last time. Although, it was clear enough to see that I was swimming through hundreds of little fishies. Classmates a buoy away from me saw three dolphins 30 feet away from them! They pointed them out to me and I only saw their fins. I screamed in happiness and my classmate said. "I love how girls get so excited they scream when they see a dolphin." Later on as I was swimming back to shore I swore I heard the screech of a dolphin. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. All I know was swimming in the not so clear ocean today with all the surroundings made me a little paranoid. #lovingthethrill
     PS: I swam back into shore today without a lifeguard after my longest swim yet, pshh I don't need no man!

No comments:

Post a Comment