Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Watching the Presidential Debate

Bernie Sanders rally at SBCC 5/28
This 2016 presidential election will be the first time I get to cast my vote. I already voted during the primaries, however, the candidate I was rooting for unfortunately lost. Bernie Sanders inspired a positive movement amongst thousands of college students and millions of people around the United States. People have generalized college students thinking that all we care about is wanting drugs legalized and free/debt free college tuition. That may be the case for some college students, but not myself. Well, I am in favor of debt free tuition. Bernie was not only a positive presidential candidate who was dedicated to the hearts of people in America, but he is a person- a person who has a compassionate heart.



Moving forward we've got our Democrat, Hillary Clinton, and our Republican, Donald Trump. There is always the third party, but you know how that goes- people who are popular get the most votes. I guess high school never really ends does it? These two candidates are highly controversial. We've got Donald Trump, who won't release his tax returns and bashes women and every race but his own. We also have Hillary Clinton, who is looked at as a liar after hiding 33,000 emails she deleted. I feel so bad for Bernie. He remains incredibly eager to help continue this movement he created as he watches the political election crumble into chaos.

Video of my face swap on snapchat HAHAHA

Last night, I stayed up late watching the presidential debate. I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head while watching it...well....Trump as he rudely interrupted Hillary every time it was her turn to speak. I don't know if that is a defense mechanism of mine or if the election at this point just seems like pure entertainment (could be a combination of both). Personally, I know I will not be voting for someone who speaks about "fixing" a majority of issues that I don't agree with. I'd rather take the chance and vote for someone who I don't necessarily trust 100 percent, buts speaks about fixing the majority of issues that I do agree with. This is sad to say. This is a scary first election that I get to participate in. However, at least I've been inspired to participate thanks to Bernie Sanders. I never thought I would be in this position where I am interested in the political process and discussions. Here I am, blogging about it today. 
College students in a positive light, are driven for their generation to be the one to improve society. We aren't all careless and immature. In fact, most of us are motivated (hence the reason we are in college). Life is about having fun and making memories, yet most of us realize there are times life needs to be taken seriously too. So my dear college students, don't let anybody tell you who you are. We are at a sensitive stage in life where we are just beginning to find that out for ourselves. Find out who YOU want to vote for yourself. 


* These are my (Angela's) political opinions, not the political opinions of SBCC.*

No comments:

Post a Comment