Saturday, September 3, 2016

I Got the Beat!

Before I even thought about starting to write this very first sentence, it instantly hit me how far I've come and where I am now. My eyes became surrounded by tears....

Hi, I am Angela Rose Bickmann, your new Staff Writer/Reporter for The Channels! This semester I will be covering Health and Human Services. 



Taking classes for The Channels is more like having two meetings a week for a job. There is a lot of information and planning that needs to be discussed. The amount of time and effort needed for this "class" is abundant, but it is going to be oh so worth it! During the second day of class we got to pick the top three beats (sections/topics of the newspaper) that we were interested in covering for the semester. We also had to explain why we believe we should cover that specific beat. Health and Human Services covers the following: Addiction Disorders Counseling, Registered and Vocational Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Health Information Tech, Justice Studies, Early Childhood Education, and Cosmetology Academic. I picked this as one of my top three options because you can find some very inspiring, amazing people and stories within this kind of beat. My personal medical history has left me passionate and yearning to spread awareness about health-related topics that can inspire, motivate, and educate people to make positive differences in this world. On that note, September is Lymphoma and Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! Wear violet and gold to show support!

Back to journalism. Deadlines are extremely, extremely important in this field. My first story is due next Friday, September 9th. Whenever I have new stories released, I will post them along with my next blog. Or if you follow me on other social media, I will post there as well! 

I met the three new bloggers for this school year for the first
time the other day! Shoutout to Matthew for already
knowing a lot about me as he has been reading my blogs overtime! I guess I
didn't need to introduce myself haha.
Links: 
- Angela's Profile (this will contain all of my stories throughout the year)

PS: Checkout my updated SBCC Blogger picture! --->


1 comment: