Tuesday, January 19, 2016

BRING IT Spring Semester!

Drama / Music Building
photo creds: Joseph Haylee
My brothers are getting so tall!
Welcome back to SBCC's Spring Semester and my blog!!! I'm lucky to get to share another semester's worth of experiences with you and FINALLY start taking classes for my major. Even though it was raining on the first day of classes, I still had a great first class. My Music Appreciation class helped me rediscover some of the stuff I was taught for the piano I miss playing, the teacher is upbeat and funny, and the class has a gorgeous view of the ocean. The teacher even told us to not buy the textbook for the class, how great is that?! Hopefully it's an easy A. I will definitely be letting you know soon how my other first day of classes go!  For now, I'll catch you up on what's happened since my last blog in 2015....because it's 2016 now....and I'm turning 20 this Friday January 22nd.... time is flying!

Don't ask how much I spent on photo strips WORTH EVERY PENNY!

In my last blog post I talked about being nervous about my class grades and what my plans were for Winter Break. Well good news, I passed all my classes. As for Winter Break I visited family and friends in Virginia. I also got to visit the restaurant I had my first job at and catch up with an old coworker of mine. GUINNI, my love, my pug, he is still hanging in there! That old 100 year old fart. On my drive to Iowa my brother puked right next to me in the car, so that was lovely. There was no snow in Iowa and Illinois until the day I left (freezing rain delayed my flights), however there was a tornado warning. Christmas Eve and day were very cherished as I got to spend time with family. I had a blast with a few of my friends I could squeeze time in with there.
Cuddlin'


New work outfit. Cute huh?
Once I got back home to California, I only spent a few days in Santa Barbara before I left again to visit my childhood friend and celebrate New Years Eve weekend with her and her friends at their beach house in Newport. As for my job I am finally moving up in position after being a hostess for 3 years! I will be an expo until I feel ready enough to start serving. It's honestly been a little nerve racking, but it can be scary trying something new and I know I will get used to it just like I did with hosting. Plus the tips will be worth it for sure! I also realized someone I know goes to the same gym as me and he is starting to become a personal trainer. So I scored and am getting trained for free which will be amazingly uplifting for my health. Oh oh oh!!! I also saved up some money and purchased a brand new Macbook Pro which will be so nice and helpful to have for the writing classes I will be taking!
Newport Beach rooftop


Here's to a great year, a successful semester, and a college experience continuing with many memories to become! Good luck everyone! If you need any advice about anything, feel free to leave a comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment