Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Organizational Tips

THE KEY TO SUCCESS IN YOUR CLASSES IS BEING ORGANIZED!!!

Following these steps will help you to organize your classes and paperwork for each one, making it easier to locate things (therefore you won't stress out as much)!

Start by separating all your paperwork into different folders,binders, or sections. I like to separate them by each class and add a section for homework so I know what to focus on or what's due for the next class date!
Next separate each class's category section/folder/binder into a few other sections including: notes, old quizzes/tests, old homework, and any other paperwork you think you might need.



Flashcards help me memorize things easiest for studying!

Organizing flashcards can be the easiest organizational tip I can give you. Not organizing flashcards can also be a nightmare. The best thing you can do to organize your flashcards is separate them into chapters. I like to write the chapter number in one of the top corners so, that way if I mix them up, I can easily notice and put it back with the right chapter deck. 
Another tip with flashcards is to use the ones that are blank on both sides. If you get the ones that are blank on one side and have lines on the other it may become distracting. It can also prohibit you from writing as much words or writing them where you want to.
When studying your flashcards make two separate piles. Set down Pile 1 and keep Pile 2 in your hand. Keep going through pile two until you memorize them all. Now, before you go back and study the entire deck again, make sure to take a break! Sometimes taking a break can be a good thing. Give yourself time to possibly forget some of the definitions so you know for sure if you have truly memorized them into your long-term memorization, instead of the short-term.
Pile 1= The Known Pile: the definitions you already have memorized
Pile 2= The UnKnown Pile: the definitions you are confused about or have a hard time memorizing


Color-Code Your Notes!!! 

Again, being organized is the prevention of stress. Color-coating your notes can make it so much easier to find what you are looking for in your notes without having to read the entire paper. No one wants to do more reading than they have to! 
You can color coat things by definitions, titles, formulas, examples, questions & solutions, and even highlight or underline things to make the words you choose stand out more! 

On another "note", the reason I have become so organized this year is because my general ed classes are really difficult. Getting organized can make it that much easier to go back, study, and earn a higher grade. To be honest it's almost 1 in the morning as I'm writing this because I've been studying so much and I got inspired to "procrastinate" and write a blog about studying and being organized. I've got my LAB class this morning, then I have to go home to study and do more homework, and burnout my energy and the rest of my day at work. Tomorrow I've got a project, an essay, and a midterm due. This shall not be the death of me, but it'll sure make make my eyes dry. Oh, the college life!

No comments:

Post a Comment