Wednesday, October 26, 2016

CSU Applications


I had to share this picture of THE FIRST
TIME I have ever got my own table at
Starbucks....after two hours that is.
Over the past couple weeks, I have limited my focus on applying to CSU schools. Private school applications are not due for a good few months and UC applications are not even open until next month ( it is also unlikely that I will apply to any of the UC's). 

Again...here are the CSU schools I have at least once considered: CSULB, CSUN, CSUF, SDSU.

Last week I attended a CSU application workshop to understand how to get started on applying to these campuses. You can sign up for one of the workshops at the Transfer Center in the Student Services Building. All you have to do is go to csumentor.edu and make an account. Next, you pick the semester you are applying for. Finally, you pick an application to start with! 

I decided to begin my first application with CSU Long Beach. After you fill out one application, you still have to submit separate ones for other CSU campuses. However, the information from your first application will transfer onto your future applications *crossing my fingers this works out.*

The good thing about applying for CSU schools is that if you don't get accepted, they will send your applications elsewhere based off a list of schools that are less impacted. Unfortunately from the ones I have seen so far, none have a journalism program. However, I am not too worried because I know I will get in somewhere no matter how much my anxiety and stress tells me differently. If you are aiming to have an associate degree for transfer, the likelihood of getting accepted increases tremendously. Guess who is getting a journalism for transfer degree in May? .......... That'd be me!

November is approaching us. I am so sorry to you transfer students who are applying to a bunch of UC schools on top of CSU schools. And you TAG students, you are lucky ducks....or should I say... vaqueros. 

I however, will still be focusing on CSU schools in November. I am so proud of my procrastinated-self that I didn't wait until next month to start. Right now I have filled out everything in the application that I could. Next, I am planning on going to the Transfer Center to get my final set of  questions answered before submitting all my applications. To be completely honest, I know when it comes time to submit everything, I am going to become so paranoid about everything being perfect. I am terrified of making even the tiniest mistake in the application that could cost me my acceptance. I will get to that when I get there. Doing my best is all that I can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment