Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Time to Catch Up

Nobody at school Wed 11/25 8:25am
It's Thanksgiving Break! You all know what that means... It's time to catch up with family, your studies, heck maybe even life itself! All I know is I'm writing this blog as I'm getting ready for work in 30 minutes. Woohoo! Busy busy busy. I hope each and every one of you gets the chance to go home and visit your families for Thanksgiving! I'm thankful that I get to go visit my family that's about an hour and a half away, but it'll just be for the day. I usually have work Wednesday nights and Friday mornings. I was trying my best to get off work so I could possibly spend the entire weekend with my family. I even put on Schedulefly, "I would be very THANKFUL is someone could cover this shift for me so I can go see my family for a few days". But ya know, everyone wants their shifts covered around this time. However, I was able to switch with somebody and work Friday night instead so I can spend my Thursday night with my family. I asked them if they would like me to bring anything for Thanksgiving dinner. I was told to bring my guacamole and chips, if not, a smile. I replied saying, "Is that a California thing? Guacamole for Thanksgiving?". But hey, that's my specialty! (For those of you who don't already know, I'm professional at making guac because I learned how to at a Mexican restaurant I used to work at. So I basically have to bring guac to any get together)
Everything happens for a reason though. When I think about it and when I try not to think about it, I think about how much stuff I need to get done that I never have time to do. Well, I will have time this weekend while I have the apartment all to myself.
I had to.

So my fellow SBCC students,
Spend some quality time with your families. Stuff your face full of warm, home cooked meals. Finally before Monday, catch up on any school work and anything you need to get done. Winter Break is around the corner, but first we gotta make it through our finals. Don't get behind and stay on track! To be honest I'm slightly off the tracks, but I will be catching up this weekend, that is.... after I stuff my face. Happy Thanksgiving! And please....please stay sane on Black Friday. Thanksgiving day isn't the only day we should be thankful during the year.



No comments:

Post a Comment