Saturday, January 24, 2015

Blown By Life or the Wind?

Birthday dinner with my new roommates.
What a happy birthday to me. I woke up on my Thursday, January 22nd like every other time. My phone was blown up by messages and posts wishing me a happy day. Well... their wishes didn't exactly come true. That day I received no presents except to live in the present of the moment of a break up. I swear the only reason I didn't go ballistic was for the fact that I was at school with the view of the calming ocean. I had just spent over a month in Virginia every day with this guy and received a promise ring guaranteeing a future that now will never happen. Long distance is only for the strong. The fact that I was didn't matter. I've been told I deserve more and the best by everyone including him. I know that, however I'm surrounded by crazy college guys which doesn't give me much hope. I'm just going to try and focus on writing my book. CAUTION: A writer's heart is not one to be messed with.


Moving WRITE a long... (Haha, get it? Write instead of right. Yeah? Okay.) The next day I woke up with my right arm dead asleep. When it woke up, that's when my emotions did. I realized I was feeling more alone than ever. I did what I needed to do at school and drove to Ventura to see my family. I needed the support that only family can give. The whole day I went back and forth trying to convince myself  that it's for the best, I am the best, and I can achieve the best. It took until today to convince myself. I woke up by the wind outside, which was odd because it was ridiculously strong (like me). I went on a walk with my Aunt and her dog Buddy. Out of nowhere a strong gust of wind blew and almost knocked me over. Buddy wanted to keep walking in this adventurous weather with tumbleweeds blowing at our direction. You could say the walk woke me up. Later on I went to one of my favorite stores (Target, which they don't have in Santa Barbara) and I went to the delicious Stone Fire Grill with my cousin. Afterwards I headed back up to Isla Vista, and here I am writing this interesting blog post. You're welcome. And thank you, because now I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment