Wednesday, December 3, 2014

SoCal SoRainy

Rain pouring down.."on a Tuesday". I woke up yesterday morning checking my email and refreshing it multiple times to make sure class wasn't cancelled. It wasn't, so I decided to take the bus for several reasons. 1. So I wouldn't get in an accident like everyone else seemed to do all day yesterday 2. To save my gas money and the bus is free 3. So I THOUGHT that I would spend less time in the rain because the parking lot is all the way down the hill at the beach front. I walk outside my front door to find what I did in the video below.


Never was I so wrong. I spent over a whole entire hour in the pouring rain with my laptop in my backpack. I never used to take the bus at this time, but since my Ocean Swimming class is over I do. The bus times and places were different than I was used to. I was proud of myself for even going to school that day and then I get soaked for it! Most SoCal schools are all separated buildings and I've heard they cancel class because of rain if it's this bad. I see why they didn't though, this is the last week of actual class and next week we have finals.

I came back home to Tropicana Gardens which seemed more like the Rain Forest Cafe that day. Palm trees were rustling and gutters were gushing out with water that was poured to the bottom floor. I took off my wet clothes and changed into dry ones. I constantly shivered for a few hours before I was able to stop. It's safe to say I'm a California girl. Some might ask, "Well Angela, what are you going to do when you go back to Virginia for Winter Break?" I will shiver, that's what I'll do.


No comments:

Post a Comment