Thursday, April 20, 2017

I See the Light

Whenever I get asked if I'm excited for graduation—I get mixed emotions.

The past couple weeks I wasn't in a good mood at at all. I was extremely overwhelmed and couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel (aka: graduation). Don't get me wrong, I still have so much to do before graduation day, but everything is starting to wrap up.

It's not that I want things to wrap up here at City College or in Santa Barbara, but I'm more ready than ever for the next step in my life. And that's not something that I can do here. Living in Los Angeles will give me the opportunities that I've looked forward to for so long. And I can't wait to be closer to my support system of family and friends. I miss having that around whenever I need it or simply miss the company.



I'm don't know how I handled being a reporter, editor, blogger, and intern all at once. I knew it wouldn't be easy. At the same time, I knew it would be worth it. I cannot wait to update my resume to fit my future journalism career opportunities!


Thank you to Melanie for
giving me the opportunity to
blog for SBCC for all three years!
Last week us SBCC bloggers had our last meeting. I can't believe it. It's the longest job I've had. I've been a blogger during my entire experience at SBCC. I will have around 140 blog posts by the end of the semester—an entire book of memories that I can share with my future kids before they head off to college. I might start a blog of my own as well to continue. It'll be a little more personal and have a wider range of topics.  I'll keep you all up-to-date on that!

On Wednesday, The Channels finished putting together our last budget of assigned stories for the semester. That same day I received back my tax refund after doing my taxes for the first time. Don't even get me started about how much fun I had getting my taxes finished. You can see how happy I was in this picture when I mistakenly thought I was done with my taxes, but I was rejected after submitting it twice. The third time was the charm. After the Ed Board meeting, I also went to the new Campus Store and picked out my cap and gown. Then I got tacos. After that I went to my internship and found out that next week will be my last at TVSB. Still not really sure if it was the tacos or the accomplishments that made me see the light, but it's probably both!



Catch up on my latest stories with The Channels! 

SBCC Trustee VP works towards free college tuition in California


No comments:

Post a Comment