Monday, February 9, 2015

Transitioning Troubles

This Friday I drove a couple of my roommates and I to State Street to get some things we need. Apparently they needed 50 ramen noodle packs, but hey I don't blame them. We're all starting to realize how bad Tropicana's food really is and it's the same stuff every week. I definitely will not live there next year because there are cheaper options everywhere and I can buy my own food that I want. Also I've been seeing a ton of students with dogs! It's not a for sure thing, but I'm thinking about getting a dog (a pug) within the next year. I think it would help a lot with my separation anxiety coming home to that and having something to take care of and be happy to see me. Of course I have to take care of myself still but it gets pretty lonely.

I went out Friday night with my roommate after some of us came back from State Street.  I realize when I'm out and starting to have fun, sometimes I start to get in my head and think about things that a lot of college students probably don't think about. Saturday my sickness got worse and I went to my family's house and talked to them. They think the dog idea might help me a lot. When I talked to them I realized how much I still need to do to be out here. It's not easy with my past health condition making this all happen on my own. Sunday I went and visited my mom and brother. I asked them to help guide me through everything. It's really difficult with the past I have to act like a care-free college kid. I also don't necessarily want to be that, but I do need to have the fun that I've missed out on most of my life. I'm the kind of person who likes a few close friends. I realize that's not going to happen right away here, but it just makes things harder. I'm deciding to do all this positive stuff for myself, but it's almost impossible doing that when I'm not feeling well. I've had this problem my whole life where I've matured a lot faster than everyone else because of what I've been through, so I feel a little out of place sometimes. I think a lot of these feelings are also coming from writing my book and being at this college at the same time. I'm writing about all this depressing stuff all while trying to be happy at the same time. Ahh!! I keep trying to tell myself all this will be worth it someday, but that's what I've been doing my whole life. That's why I am writing my book now because I'm trying to make my dream happen sooner. Life is too short!

Girls, click here for some good college advice!


No comments:

Post a Comment